Monday 19 September 2011

A Very Badger Breakfast!

This is an illustration I've been working on for a children's book that's been forming in my head for a while. I'm trying to get my act together and finish up the final roughs for a dummy and a couple of finished colour spreads, which is a lengthy process when you also have a full time job! I am determined to do it though and have been working super hard! I keep meaning to do a step-by-step post of how I create my paintings too, but keep forgetting until I'm halfway through a painting! I will soon though, promise!!
































Let me know what you think! What's everyone else working on at the moment? Hope you have a lovely evening :)

5 comments:

  1. In case you missed my comment on Twitter..
    I love it! Very cute and charming. The worm and wellies are such a nice touch. Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable! I love all of the little details like the green rain boots, picture frames, and the super cute toast with the jam spread hehe. Oh yes, please post your process. What kind of paint do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its very cute Lucy!. What a cozy feel with all the detailing. I love this badgers's dining area. It leaves me wondering how the other rooms of his home look like :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! Your work is gorgeous Lucy! I love your characters and the way that you use the technique... Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!